As Advent begins...
As Reese grows and changes more and more quickly...
As I further develop as a therapist...
As I work to become the person, the wife, the mom God made me to be...
I become increasingly aware of the ridiculous pace and standards of my life. I love efficiency. I love (looking like I) having it all together. I love feeling like I'm accomplishing a lot. And yet, at the end of the day, I'm not sure those are the right things to love...
Many things have led me to this place...wanting to be a less pressure-driven, society-driven person, wanting to be a model of balance for my family, wanting to ensure that Reese simultaneously enjoys the freedom of childhood and knows his capabilities, and so on. I'm at a point where I want to live more in the moment, missing out on less of truly beautiful moments of life.
I'm excited to be entering this somewhat foreign territory, focusing anew on living more simply, and more slowly. And I'm anxious to hear how others are doing the same. On my journey thus far, I'm finding a few resources in particular to be helpful:
As Reese grows and changes more and more quickly...
As I further develop as a therapist...
As I work to become the person, the wife, the mom God made me to be...
I become increasingly aware of the ridiculous pace and standards of my life. I love efficiency. I love (looking like I) having it all together. I love feeling like I'm accomplishing a lot. And yet, at the end of the day, I'm not sure those are the right things to love...
Many things have led me to this place...wanting to be a less pressure-driven, society-driven person, wanting to be a model of balance for my family, wanting to ensure that Reese simultaneously enjoys the freedom of childhood and knows his capabilities, and so on. I'm at a point where I want to live more in the moment, missing out on less of truly beautiful moments of life.
I'm excited to be entering this somewhat foreign territory, focusing anew on living more simply, and more slowly. And I'm anxious to hear how others are doing the same. On my journey thus far, I'm finding a few resources in particular to be helpful:
- "In Praise of Slowness" - Carl Honore
- "Free Range Kids" - Lenore Skenazy
Now, with slowness and simplicity in mind, it's time to spend some time doing a fun artistic project in front of the fire :).
No comments:
Post a Comment