On that note, I'm outlining a few changes and their possible benefits:
1. No Target: There is nothing we're in NEED of and going to Target just tempts me back toward all of my WANTS. Benefits: Decreased spending, less clutter, less irresponsible environmental and international impact of buying
2. No online shopping: I spend countless hours "shopping" on the internet, most of the time just figuring out what amazing deals there are on Ebay, etc. Now although this does not necessarily wreak havoc on the spending of money, it steals precious time from time with family and again feeds the WANT monster. The few exceptions I will allow myself: comparison shopping for things we do need (laptop battery) and fabric (cutest fabric is online, and I'm in gift-making mode right now). Benefits: Fewer WANTS, more evening time with my guys.
3. More time on relationships: This is no sacrifice, of course, but a definite goal. I'm not very good at staying in touch and yet there are so many important people in my life that I miss and want to devote more time/energy to. This also supports the less time on stuff part of my goals.
Wish me luck!!!
Friend,
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking about your minimalist movement since the last post and wondering if a spiritual component might complement it. Do you have something you're reading along with this? I've wanted to recommend something, but I can't put my finger on it. If you're interested, I'll keep looking. :)
Miss you! :)